Thursday, October 17, 2013

Composing My Frame.

So today I am to post a photo here that fits three criteria: the rule of thirds, the diagonal rule, and this other thing called vectors. 

Would you like to see which photo I find rather fitting?


Here yah are:



The Rule of Thirds

Pumpkin. Three Pumpkins. On the top of a hay bale, supported by surrounding pumpkins that apparently aren't that superior to the main three pumpkins I'm looking at. 

The Diagonal Rule

Up. Starting in my breathing area on the right, my eyes then float up to the top of the stack pumpkins where I see three awesome pumpkins. 

Vectors

Motion. I would say it's a motion vector I'm seeing here. My eyes can't stop moving around this frame. 

--

Overall I'm very happy about this framing composition. It's exciting. It says "Halloween" without one mention of ghosts, witches and little black faggots... oh... I mean cats. I have a black cat and she's... well... she's gay. We have this thing we do in the morning when we're all curled up together in bed and... oh. Whoops. Sorry. That doesn't have anything to do with this assignment. 

I love the color balance in this photo too. 




Photo credit goes to my dad. 

No comments:

Post a Comment